Monday, October 19, 2009

Aidan's birthday party.

So this post is a little behind... but that's just how things are these days! Aidan had a fun birthday party. We decided to have a construction/building party. We had good friends and good food. What more do you need right?

Earlier in the morning Aidan had been helping his dad clean the garage and the back yard and he was filthy. Robbie said he was perfect for his party :)

While I wasn't looking Sydney put names in permanent marker (adults too) on ALL of the hats.

Robbie made little tool box kits for the kids to put together. He made a little work station for them.

The kids put the glue on...

... and the big kids helped nail them together.

And Voila!

Add a little bit of color and you have the perfect party favor!

We had a pinata but it was one of those pull string ones... and because we only had five kids we just decided to let them all pull the strings while Robbie held it up.

The tool boxes made for good candy holders.

And stuffed animal holders too.

Aidan was pretty excited about his dirt cake... ok I think he was actually excited about his new dump truck from Grandma.
Ok a quick explanation of Aidan's hat. He smashed his own and picked up one Sydney made for my brother (who wasn't actually there).

The boys shoveling us some cake. It's funny to me that the guys took over serving the cake... normally this does not happen. :P


Thanks Danielle, Merritt, Kadian, Kym and Kevin for coming to Aidan's party! I hope you guys had fun.

3 comments:

  1. Megs,

    You are such an AWESOME MOM!!! You are so creative and brilliant and I want to be like you one day! :)

    adrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so cute...wish I was that smart to do stuff like that...I bet he was in heaven with all that fun stuff...Happy Birthday Aiden

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME party!! it helps to have a daddy that can help make cool stuff with wood. And a creative mommy, neatest cake I've ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete