Some random moments of our life at home:
So I feel like I'm always complaining (not on the blog though) about living so far out of town. I'm just not very fond of the lifestyle that it seems to bring us. I like to be out and about. I love being home... but I love my home so much more when I'm not there 24hrs a day!! I've noticed that I dread taking the kids to the store because I always have a fairly long list and they just get to crazy by the end of the trip. I miss popping into the store every other day for some fresh veggies or milk... and doing it so quickly that the kids never had a chance to start complaining... :) I don't take the kids to school and chat with teachers or other moms like I used to (even though the kids have always taken the bus I always took a few days out of the week to take them). It's just to much of a waist of gas. I don't invite people over as much as I would like because it feels like we live to far away.
Ok.. the point to this post wasn't to complain... I wanted to reflect more on the things that are nice. Not being so on the go can be very relaxing. Claire and Aidan don't even get dressed for several hours after they have woken up. We are sort of having fun being lazy pants. I know it won't last much longer so we are enjoying it while we can.
The house is so exciting sometimes we even pass out on the couch.
We have a new rule in the house that if their rooms are clean they can play computer games or the wii. Lily is such a big helper with Aidan and Claire.
Tis' the season for random school holidays. It seem like this time of year we always have at least one day of school off each month. The kids always seem to notice that it is a little different then "just the weekend" and they always seem to pack in some extra silliness.


No comments:
Post a Comment