Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day 2011

We had a nice Valentine's Day this year.  The week and weekend following was sort of crazy and caused it to sneak up on us!
Grammy and Poppop sent the kids super cute Balloon Valentines that they were selling at the bakery.

Pinterest inspired me to make my own lotto ticket Valentines.  I wished I had ordered the card a little sooner then I had.  The girls helped a little (other then just labeling them) but I ended up doing them so they would get done in time!  Also I didn't figure out the best way to do them until I finished Lily's... so hers were a lot sloppier :(
Like every year we filled their little red buckets with something nice.  Instead of candy & balloons I got them each a little gift.  The girls got a cute little necklace and Aidan and Claire got a fun sticker coloring book.


They got the balloons the day before but I made them wait.  They were so excited to open them, at first, they didn't even notice the other buckets behind them!


We made pink pancakes for breakfast.
Sydney said she couldn't wear Valentines clothes and she had to wear our State Colors.  This Valentines Day just happened to also be our states 100th Birthday (or State Day if you want to be proper).
We found the closest we could get to red, blue and yellow (gold in our case).


The carnage after.

Robbie and I don't really go "All Out" for occasions but we do like to do small things.  I left Robbie and little gift and a giant card.  The funny part is that when he walked into the door and saw the candies he sent me a picture to show me what "Leslie" had done! lol.  As soon as he figured out it was from he he sent me a quick text back :)  Leslie said it made him morning.

Leslie offered to watch the kids if we wanted to go do anything.  We are so grateful for her :)
Robbie needed to pick something up in Tucson so we decided to head up and grab some dinner.  On our way up I started talking about makeup.  Robbie got this funny look on his face and reached behind my seat.  He had completely forgot about my present.  What funny guy!  He got my some products that I had wanted.

After we went to a few places we needed to go we had a lovely sushi dinner with Carla, her brother and Christopher.  We had intended on getting out of there early but the Valentines rush was a little much for that poor little family restaurant.  We were there for over two hours.  Every time we ordered rolls they would take almost 45 minutes!  But we still had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment