Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Getting older

Like any mother I reminisce about my children as tiny babies.  I look at pictures of how you cute they were.  It seems like time goes by way to fast and sometimes I wish it would just stop!  I have to say though, that in many ways I love that they are getting older.  They are all so much more independent and I am able to trust and rely on them to make good choices more and more every day.
Like at project time (when the girls are home at least) I think they have even more fun without me hovering over them at all times.  This particular morning the girls got everything out and even cleaned it all up later.  I have memory flashes of painting with a young child, toddlers and a baby just a few years back.  They are usually all undressed with sheets and papers scattered everywhere in preparation of the horrendous mess that follows.  Don't get me wrong there are still a few messes to clean up and a few spots on our clothes... but what a different atmosphere now!  Even at 3 years old, Claire is so much more neat and tidy then the other kids were at that age.  It's the domino effect.  If most of the kids are messy... they all are... if the majority are calm and clean... the rest usually follow in suite.






Aidan did end up taking off his shirt in the end.  I think mostly because he wanted to :)


No comments:

Post a Comment