Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sally

So this is my bird Sally.  Sally is actually a boy... but by the time we truly figured that out... it was just to late.
I got her... err I mean him... for Christmas when I was 8 years old!  Yup that makes Sal 24 years old.  Unfortunately they only live 25.. 30 years max.  So she may not be around for to long :(
Anyway, Sally has lived at my parents her whole life.  So PARENTS remember when you buy your child a pet... especially one that lives for a very very long time... that you will most likely be the owner when you child is gone! ;-)
So my mom was going on about what I wanted for a house warming present.  Finally, I told her.. what if you find me a super cool old fashion looking bird cage and I will take Sally forever.  We had to watch her while they were on vacation so she hung out in her old cage for a while.  But eventually mom found one (via craigslist).  My brother took her old jungle gym and retro fitted it to her new cage.  She loves it and so do I! We still need to get her a few more mirrors because one of hers broke.  I've never met a bird so vain!  But all in all I think she likes her new home and location.


No comments:

Post a Comment