Ok... I've been using it for a while... but it made for a better title ;)
I love buttermilk. I use it for making ranch dressing, my favorite fried chicken fingers, pancakes, biscuits and breads. But I hate buying it. I don't have it on hand so it usually becomes an extra trip to the grocery store. Then, it either sits in my fridge forever... or I end up making recipes all week with buttermilk in them until it's gone (sort of a pain). I thought of making my own (this can be done with whole milk and lemon juice or vinegar) but our house usually has skim or 1%. I suppose it could be done with these milks... not sure... haven't tried. Finally one day I though... I use powdered milk in everything I make... why not used powdered buttermilk. It's not as thick and creamy but it sure does the trick!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love reading your blogs! You are so great!
ReplyDelete