Sunday, July 26, 2009

Potty Training.

The boy is finally showing interest in potty training! Only 3 months shy of his 3rd birthday...lol. I'm pretty proud of him though. He's doing great. He still has accidents but I can tell that most of the time he knows when he has to go and actually "GO's". I do have to remind him off and on and sometimes he refuses and kicks and screams all the way to the potty. We haven't had any success with #2, but we will take it one day at a time. A few weeks ago we told him he couldn't wear diapers anymore (this was partially do to my decision to switch to cloth... it seemed silly to put my little baby in cloth and continue to buy disposables for my bigger baby). We have these huge clunky all in one cloth diaper's for when he needs them. Wearing them at night doesn't bother him much, but he is more then willing to wear undies during the day. When we went to get him more underwear he insisted on only buying "Cars" ones. He scowled at the boy training pants, he screamed about spider man, and shoved away the Thomas the Train ones. So we have a drawer full of car undies.
In the nursery at church he went potty all by himself without even being asked (the nursery has a little bathroom attached with a toddler toilet) and then 15 minutes later he poo'd in his pants..lol. You win some and loose some I guess. I hope he continues to do well.

2 comments:

  1. HURRAY!!!! Emily can make 100 poops in the potty. *giggles* Conny pooped 20 different times in the potty so she could get a dolly and hasn't remembered how to poop in the potty since we brought that dolly home! Potty training is FUN! *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potty training has to be one of the most challenging things about toddler-hood. Addie was doing SO well with it, even going #2 in the potty. Then I made the mistake of keeping her in diapers all weekend when we were on vacation. We came home and it's like we have to start all over. She's had so many accidents and even pooped on the carpet! Now she refuses to go potty... go figure!

    ReplyDelete